I have written a blog post about Installing a LetsEncrypt.org wildcard certificate on Linux using acme.sh and a DNS Api. I recently updated the instructions on how to use acme.sh if you need to install API keys for many different registrants.
Kokoomus lienee haastavin joten käsitellään se ensimmäisenä tietenkin:
"Työvoimakustannukset kasvaa ihan törkeen paljon."
"pääoman investoinnista vastineena saatavat tulovirrat laskevat jos työvoimakustannukset nousevat"
"Kapitalismi kriisiytyy automaatioon menetettävän työtulon poistumisen takia."
"...perustulo ratkaisee tämän."
Seuraavaksi Kommaristit ja listaan voidaan ynnätä demarit, vasurit ja kaikki muut vasemman näkökulman oletuksena selektoivat otukset ja niiden lurkkailu ja spiikkailumestat.:
"...ja työväen ahdingon työllisyyden menettämisessä automaatioon."
"Ai maaseutu piti pitää asuttuna? No perustulo ja sit jengi voi ajaa jotain Uberii tai Haxii muutaman tunnin kun kaikki landella edullisessa omakotitalossa asuvat ajokortittomat ei luota robottikutsubussiin vieläkään."
~ Apteekkari Jubohin hyllystä kohdasta “Miten perustulo myydään Keskustalle?”
"Niin kuin te tahdotte ihmisten tekevän teille, niin tehkää te heille."
~ Jeesus (Luuk. 6:31)
"Se Samlings Parti, Kommarister, Pirater, Persut, Kristiskademokrater och Keskusta och i andan av stocknmannismen vi tillsätter lite här som finns inte i finska tekster: Villkorslös Grundinkomsten sparar pengar när man behöver inte sysselsätta Sossun altså nästan alla sossu och många FPA får spark just som dom sku få. Sossun inte går till fattigdom därför and hon/han/hen också får villkorslös grundinkomst. C'est practique, n'est pas?"
~ Apotekare Jubohi på sossun
Vihreät – De Gröna
"Nykymuotoinen kapitalismi on kriisi itsessään jos luonnonsuojelu otetaan tarkasteluun mukaan. Planeettoja on vain yksi mutta ahneita monta. Perustulon salliessa täysautomaatio-, itsepalveluautomaatio- ja ihmispalveluinnovaatioiden kehittämisen leppoisammalla tahdilla ja talouspaineella talous siirtyy materiaalisesta eksperientaalisempaan suuntaan. Veikkaisin että Äiti Maa arvostaisi."
Apteekkarin hyllystä kohdasta “Miten perustulo myydään Vihreille?”
"Tulevaisuuden päämäärä on täystyöttömyys jotta kaikki voivat piratoida."
~ Apteekkarin väärentämä täysin aito ja väärentämätön “Arthur C. Clarke sitaatti”. All reserves are righted.
"Oikeestaan kerrotaan tässä totuus ja todetaan että konsensus kansan riveissä on se että sossut ja kelan byrokraatit on ihan paskoja ammatteja ja niille pitäis antaa potkut laajassa määrin jolloin ne tipahtaisivat pehmeästi perustulopatjan päälle."
Migration procedure for moving various free social media from a GNU/Linux to another GNU/Linux system and end results
This is the record for what went well and what didn’t go well in the process of migrating the *.consumium.org sites (except https://c.consumium.org, that’s in Espoo)
This migration was completed on 2016-06-09. I would like to extend a warm you to https://TransIP.eu for showing compassion in my predicament and offering to credit me some of the costs incurred by requiring 2 servers for a period of a time.
<spam>Their operation is really top-notch and I have never had outages with them that I would not have been responsible. Ever since I started hosting free social media with them in July 2013 the service has been outstanding and their control panel does include ability to take snapshots of system disks and a VNC just in case someone is not comfortable working with cli. The first time I saw the VNC in the control panel and it started to show the Debian GNU/Linux white-on-black bootup in my browser I was impressed.. Then it moved to run level 6 and I was naturally like “Whoa! It can do that!”. TransIP.eu is maybe not the most inexpensive hosting guys out there at the moment but I tell you their service level and its consistency are worth all the extra money. SSD system disks are spaceous and very fast and just as soon as http://maidsafe.net/ starts I’ll be purchasing at least one 10€ unit of 2,000GB big storage (which can be grown to 400,000GB, slightly under 400TB). Scp’ing between 2 servers in the same data center in Netherlands I was able to clock 101 Mbit/s speed. That is almost a gigabit / second, normal HDD couldn’t handle that.</spam>
Migration of diaspora* to a new server
- https://d.consumium.org (how to install diaspora* freesome on Debian GNU/Linux)
The original raison d’être for the old server called Debian7. The name is not very well chosen and misleading since the machine was dist-upgraded to Debian8 stable without hick-ups. Diaspora* was originally installed in July 2013 which at the time took couple of days
- Grabbed the database, app/views/home and public/uploads and inserted those into place and the pod looks fine now after the migration.
- Email was more of an hassle and is covered in a separate paragraph you’ll find down this page.
Migration of GNU social to a new server
- https://social.consumium.org (how to install GNU social freesome) (How I originally installed GNU social)
– GNU social is a handy microblogging service.This instance was installed in 2016. Should pose no problems. MySQL was replaced with MariaDB during installation of this with no problems. Update: GNU social migration was the first one to be done. Grabbed the database (which contains the confs) and the ‘avatar’ and ‘files’ directories. Shut down. Put those in place and restart web server and GNU social was up with apparently all the old information from the previous box.
- If you are getting an Error 400: After the migration the GNU social has been doing the same thing as before.. It often when trying to microblog gives an error “400”. Here one just needs to know to hit ctrl-r, no need to even hit ctrl-a ctrl-c, ctrl-r, ctrl-v as the software preserves what was written into the textbox.
Interesting point about Hubzilla and Friendica
Friendica and Hubzilla leverage the same instructional capital and best-practice which leads to that their installation instructions have many portions in common.
Migration of Hubzilla to a new server
- https://hub.consumium.org – (how to install Hubzilla freesome)
This will probably not have the old database restored because when I originally installed this I didn’t realize the point is to have many many channels but just one login. Of course it might be possible to restore the database but manipulate it so that the Consum(er)ium relevant channels would be under the same user
- Well I did restore the old database.
- Pretty much everything that was needed for installation of Hubzilla was already there. Just needed to run ‘sudo aptitude install mcrypt php5-mcrypt’ and installed the Hubzilla, Stopped Nginx and dropped in the database and the user uploads located in /var/www/hubzilla/store and it seems to work fine.
Migration of Friendica to a new server
the freesome of least steep learning curve for the people who want to free themselves of Facebook every now and then.
Friendica migration did not require copying over more than just the database as Friendica saves the uploaded files in the database and not flat file system.
Dealing with outgoing and incoming email
Getting email arrangements to work in a safe and reasonable way is by no means as easy as one may think at start. diaspora* email was configured to use SMTP over a TLS encrypted hop over to https://gandi.net‘s SMTP server. Took a while to figure out but I am guessing this will make the email look better to spam filters as the “origin” is under the same domain as the machines given in the MX records in DNS to be the Mail eXchange servers for consumium.org
‘sudo aptitude install sendmail’ installs sendmail, an MTA this is apparently all that is needed for PHP’s mail()-function to work.
The migration plan (and how it went)
(Note: to lazily get all the dependencies and hope there wasn’t old junk you could follow this post http://juboblo.gr/index.php/2015/12/02/original-howto-migrate-gnulinux-to-bigger-disk-with-clean-install-and-grab-all-apt-gettable-software-settings-and-files/)
Migration of system settings
- Update services to latest version so you get the same exact version when you reinstall each service from latest release [✔]
- Grab TLS key and cert – Remember to keep the key safe [✔] (note: exposing the server.key usually kept in /etc/ssl/private is very dangerous as it will expose all communications encrypted with that key)
- Grab firewall settings allowing traffic to 22, 80 and 443 [✔] NMAP security scanner is great copyleft free tool for looking at this. tip: ‘nmap localhost’ inside the firewall and ‘nmap the IP address” from outside the firewall will be very useful scans for verifying firewall settings.
- Grab confs:
- /etc/nginx/nginx.conf [✔]
- /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/nginx.conf [✔]
- Grab home dir [✔]
- Grab logs [✔]
- /var/log/nginx/access.log [✔]
- /var/log/nginx/error.log [✔]
- Then decided to grab all of /var/log into a .tar.gz, Is only logs, cannot hurt and [✔]
- Mass grab /etc and /var/www for later reference when the old server is recycled and resources returned to cloud.
- Get new server. [✔] Remember to install an ssh server when installing the software or you’ll be unable to access via ssh. Only if hosting guys provide a Virtual Network Console you can fix this problem there
- Add self to sudoers [✔]
- Restore home dir contents [✔]
- Install Nginx [✔]
- Put logs, key, cert and nginx.conf in place [✔]
Repeat following steps for each service
- Install dependencies [✔]
- Install new service clean [✔]
NOTIFY USERS THAT NOW IS FEW HOURS OF DATA LOSS IF YOU POSTBetter idea: When all is ready with the new installation in place and you are thus ready to start the DNS change propagation tell people that the database will be frozen when the old machine is “unreachable” due to the DNS already pointing to the next machine.
- Grab databases. Each database separately. [✔]
- Grab user uploaded content and the custom landing page for d* [✔]
- Insert grabbed database, confs, landing page, user uploaded content. [✔]
Capitalism is going deeper into crisis and the current status quo (which Clinton seems to want to hold intact) that no replacing jobs are created and there seem to be no politicians pushing for planetary basic income funded from sharing the revenue streams generated by invested capital.
Due to human productivity the feasibly employable capital is growing constantly (unless we already dunn wreck the weather and will suffer from it) and this in conjunction by the scientific-technical advances, new service innovation and vast efficiency gains from self-service automation and full automation in ICT drives growth of service productivity. These should enable to pay planetary basic income.
Take away cab driver, bus driver, delivery truck driver, trucker and farm equipment operators’ jobs is what the automators are now proposing so you see that this decline of capitalism ain’t gonna be happy time for the middle-class and proles either.
I know the people who publicly advocate total despotic enforcement of maximal greed everywhere all the time by the invisible green hand (read: mostly republicans) fathomed by Adam Smith don’t want it totalitarian for those they consider their kin. Maybe peoples of the Earth need to rethink how they divide to kin/non-kin.
Call me commiemist, I’ll slice, dice and red red hot hot salsa salsa till everyone’s gotten something to eat and if there is more resources then I’ll crêpes with jam and whipped cream for dessert.
Here is an infographic:
I just set into propagation the subdomain for installation of Hubzilla. Hubzilla logo here
Also goings ons include moving DNS records from Espoo hosting guys to Gandi.net.
Consum(er)ium #freesome users can therefore anticipate short outages today (2016-03-07) and tomorrow as I improve by introducing the 3rd contender heavily in the #freesome game:
MAID == Massive Array of Internet Disks
SAFE == Secure Access for Everyone
In ze Internets people have been watching this endeavour by the brave Scots very very carefully and keenly for a few years. If all goes well MaidSafe.net will make the current Internet the “Legacy Internet” rapidly by providing a shared digital commons wealth unseen before. https://forum.safenetwork.io is the community forum where you can catch the gist of how excited people are about MaidSafe Network and it’s significance to the future of population of Planet Earth.
Technically this endeavour is very bold and ambitious. The key people have donated all their patents, papers and code to the nonprofit MaidSafe Foundation though there is also a MaidSafe Ltd registered in Scotland to enable professional staff for the ongoing development and deployment effort. Funds were raised by selling off 10% of the ceiling of SafeCoin (cryptocash) amount (4-gigacoins) to an enthusiastic crowd. So you get the gist that these are highly creative individuals pushing the envelope onto the future.
Last week http://maidsafe.net/ published it’s first downloadables that allow people to discover the MaidSafe test network. Word of caution: The test network is wiped occasionally when required by devops.
MaidSafe Launcher 0.3.0 – This is for connecting to the network – The login consists of three things: a pin, a keyword and a password. I don’t fully know what is the purpose of the “keyword” and the test network is getting reset whenever necessary for development and the credentials stop working because the secret identity that allows you to access your public identity no longer is there in the testnet.
Now start the MaidSafe App and it asks the Launcher to ask you for privileges.
MaidSafe Demo App 0.0.1 that enables
- Creation of Public ID that allows people to reach your network attached public services / sites and also
- uploading public site / service to the network ( requires the DNS hacks to be viewable outisde of the Demo App )
- uploading and downloading private directories and files
TODO: Install the DNS hacks and try those out and report here
I’m trying out 2 competing #karaoke services at the moment.
* http://www.muvika.com/site/fi/ (fi and en) based in Espoo, Finland
* https://sin.ga/en (en, es, fi, it, sv) served from Amazon Web Services (AWS cloud)
Both have 1 month free trial after which it starts costing.
I will update this post once I have adequately assessed both. I’m looking at catalogue, technology, titling and audio track friendliness (backup singers).
A cost free option is to just stick “artist songname karaoke” into Youtube and hope for the best. You will find many English language songs with good quality karaoke titling with this.
Nice article on #free #copyleft #opensource #tools for #system #monitoring https://opensource.com/life/16/2/open-source-tools-system-monitoring – #top, #atop, #htop and my favourite atm #glances
https://mozilla.github.io/server-side-tls/ssl-config-generator/ by @mozilla helps you make your #SSL/#TLS stronger.
Check your TLS strength free with https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ @QualSys